Pages

Sunday, February 8, 2009

First Aid Course

It is essential to know the basic first aid before going for DofE expedition. Last Saturday, the 7 of us went for F.A. training. It went for about 5 hrs. (of course, we had break at 12.30pm; lunch time)

Ok, let’s see how much I can retain after 24hrs...:

  • First, conduct primary survey. Check for Danger, Response from victim, Airway (make sure air passage isn’t block by lifting chin and tilting head), Breathing (check for max of 10sec), Circulation. Way to remember, DR.A.B.C.
  • Secondary Survey: check for discharge of fluid. Gloves should be used. Check from head first and down to feet. Treat the most life threatening injuries first. Turn the victim into a recovery position. Again, make sure the air passage isn’t block by tilting the head.
  • CPR is given when the victim is not breathing. How? For an adult, give 30 Chest Compressions followed by 2 Rescue Breaths. This should go in a continuous cycle until the paramedic come. For a child, first give 5 Initial Rescue Breaths, then followed by a cycle of 30 Compressions and 2 Rescue Breaths. The Compressions should be 4-5cm deep and should be 100 compressions per min. If unwilling, just do 100 Compressions per min continuously.

 

Wah...I can still retain that info? Hahaha.... Of course I can. I have a training booklet to refer from. xD 

No comments:

ABOUT THIS GIRL

My photo
just a typcal girl who is trying the best she can to fullfill her goal in life. Year13 student from Oswestry School. -Akmalia R